The primary purpose of our practice space is to deepen our sadhana the spiritual practice, through concentration, self observation and compassion. It is an environment in which we quiet ourselves to cultivate both the internal and external limbs of an age old tradition.
- Hatha yoga is practiced for purification, concentration and liberation
- slowing down encourages this process and soothes the nerves
- everyone has taken time, resources and made sacrifices to be here, respect that
- please do not rush when you practice, in particular towards the end, during your finishing postures
- allow for the therapeutic and meditative aspects of the experience to spring forth
Attendanding the practice:
- time of your practice in Mysore classes is flexible
- led class is a joined practice, come punctual!
- opening chant starts at 7:30am
- if you need to start your practice before the 7:30am, you are welcome to do so
If anyone is concerned about her/his safety, please reach out. Together we will find a solution.
Open: Tuesday and Thursday 7:30am to 09:30am
Tuesday – mysore class
Thursday – led class
Closed: On moon days and official holidays. Please refer to the board in the practice room.
New and full moons are observed and the dates are displayed on the board. During moon days we gather together for a joined pranayama practice and to study Yoga Sadhana:
- foundational yoga philosophy
- breath, asana alignment, vinyasa, bandhas and drishti
- time to answer anything that might come up for you that is not answered already by your practice
Books are available to all the students and are meant for self studying and deepening your understanding of Yoga. You can borrow one book at a time for two weeks. After this period return the book for at least one week. If the book is there after one week, you can borrow it again. When taking a book home, fill out the registry form.
Please observe your monthly holiday and take rest during your first two to three days of heaviest menstruation.
Ladies holiday is a time for introspection and paying special attention to your subtle energies. Respecting the downward flow of Apana vaayu, that is dominant in the body at this time is essential to the practice of yoga for women.
- practitioners from all stages of life including families, families to be, young, elderly and those from the local community are welcome. Therefore please wear respectful attire accordingly when coming to the practice
- if you are unsure about what to wear please feel free to ask
- respect that the space is intended for quiet
- clean after yourselves
- refrain from bringing phones into the practice room
- personal belongings are meant to be stored on the shelves by the entrance, or in the lockers
- have a scarf with you, or a blanket to prevent rapid temperature loss in Shavasana
- wash your yoga rug and mat frequently
- bring to your first class at the beginning of the new month
- fees should be placed in a silver box by the entrance in an envelope containing your name
Month starts and ends according to the Gregorian calendar.
Monthly studying fee is 10 000 Yen.
Student / discounted studying fee is 7 000 Yen.
Upon previous agreement one time entry fee can be applied.
One time entry fee is 2 000 Yen.
Student / discounted fee is 1 500 Yen.
OIST Village Center / Ocean View Room